From:
Eric Schissel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 07:04:09 -0400
I believe the label is Phaedra, a CD resurrection of a Belgian LP label
many might remember fondly...

Marco Polo .is. doing a series of CDs of Belgian music right now, perhaps
this accounts for the confusion? Some of the composers are the same, even-
even some of the genres, perhaps even some of the pieces.  A symphony by
one composer on Marco Polo, another symphony by that composer (the name
will come to me- yes- van Hoof, I think!- the moderato from his sym.  2 is
often on WKSU which I hear at times on RealPlayer) is on Flanders Fields.
(Actually several symphonies of each are on each label, but different ones,
I think.)

A very deserving repertoire, I should think.  Anyone here like Legley's
music as much as I do?

-Eric Schissel