From:
Tim Mahon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:22:08 -0700
David Stewart <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>But can anyone suggest a drink for Elgar? I am at a loss.  I would probably
>suggest a strong tea but I don't drink it.

For the big-boned orchestral and choral stuff -- a couple of pints (20 oz
variety, of course) of decent bitter -- which is one of the three things
I miss most about home.  For some of his more delicately-crafted works, a
glass or three of a really good Bordeaux (Ausone, Cheval Blanc, Margaux or
Palmer) filtered through his apparently-difficult-to-forge moustache!

>Anyone like to recommend a drink for their favourite composer?

Berlioz -- pastis, rocks, water -- stomach pump!

Tim Mahon