From:
Scott Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 00:35:47 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:

>Really? I may not have found myself humming ["99 Bottles of Beer on the
>Wall" or "Chopsticks"], but there are other equally simple (simplistic?)
>tunes which can catch me unawares like that.  "Ooops!  I did it again!"
>is, thankfully, not one of them.

Then you should count yourself lucky, Deryk--as I told my wife last night,
because of this bizarre little debate, I've found myself humming, very much
against my will, several Britney songs for days now.  More annoying still,
I find that I tend to mutter the songs underneath my breath in, not my
normal, rather hideous singing voice, but in an unconscious imitation of
her nasal whine.  I'm hoping this'll end soon so I can go back to something
cheerier, such as whistling the theme to "Art of the Fugue."

Scott Peterson