From:
Leslie Kinton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 10:00:01 -0400
Dear List Members,

A while back I posted a notice announcing the passing of the pianist Pierre
Souvairan, my teacher and friend.  This is to let everyone know that a
memorial concert/gathering is being held at the Royal Conservatory of Music
in Toronto on Saturday, May 27 in the main concert hall.  The programme is
still being finalized, but will include, amongst others, violinist Lorand
Fenyves who, with Lydia Wong, will play the 2nd movement of Beethoven's op.
96, and the piano duo, Anagnoson and Kinton, who will perform the Brahms
*Variations on a Theme of Haydn*, op. 56b.  As well, friends and collegues
will speak of their relationship with him over the years.  The final item
on the programme will be a recording of a concert Mr. Souvairan gave in
Toronto two years ago.  We'd like to play the whole thing (it was
magnificent), but because of time, we will play the final item: the finale
from Schumann's *Symphonic Etudes*.  I've heard him play this piece many
times over the years, and I must say that this last time was perhaps the
best of many great performances.  It is fitting that the evening will end
on a note of celebration.  A reception will follow the concert.

I appreciate the opportunity to distribute the notice to the list (thank
you, Dave), as we are trying to contact as many of his former students as
possible.

Best wishes,

Leslie Kinton
Piano Faculty, The Glenn Gould Professional School,
The Royal Conservatory of Music, Toronto.
Anagnoson and Kinton piano duo website: http://www.pianoduo.com