From:
Ramon Khalona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 16:24:33 -0400
Rodrigo Vazquez <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm looking for recordings (in CD) of Khatchaturian's *complete* ballet
>Gayaneh, but I've found nothing, nor in the web neither at local stores.
>Can anyone send me any information? Thanks in advance.

There is an inexpensive recording with one of the Soviet orchestras (Moscow
Radio Symphony, if memory serves) conducted by Djansung Khakhidze.  This is
available on the Vox label and also on an audiophile label which I cannot
remember (I have the Vox and am very satisfied with it - it is complete).
However, my favorite recording of the complete ballet is with the National
Philharmonic conducted by Loris Tjeknavorian on RCA.  This has been out of
print for several years, but if you happen to come across a copy, don't
hesitate to pick it up.  Tjeknavorian has recorded excerpts of the
Khachaturian ballets subsequently with his Armenian Philharmonic, but
these don't quite match the exciting achievement of his first recording.

Que lo disfrutes,

Ramon Khalona
Carlsbad, California