From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:04:07 +0000
Kevin Sutton writes:

>These kinds of remarks about Mozart often come from people that have
>never performed his music.

It might appear than Kevin is using the "peformer's edge" here, but I
don't think that's his intent.  Mozart is perhaps the prime example of
music that can sound so simple, yet has great complexity revealed to
those who perform it.

By the way, MusicWeb International has posted its 2004 Discs of the
Year based on reviewer submittals, and the selections from both Kevin
and myself are on the site.  One thing that amazes me about all the
selected discs is that I haven't heard most of them.  Classical music
has a gigantic history and spending thousands of dollars each year on
music only scratches the surface.  At any rate, do take a look at the
selected discs; my fellow reviewers are very insightful and knowledgeable,
even though most of them are British (joke).

Don Satz