From:
Reynier Bordes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 22:26:15 +0200
John Profitt writes on Bruckner editions.  Thank you for your clear
synopsis.  But I have e few questions: Symph.  Nr.1:< Tintner should be
the first to record the genuine Linz version 1>.  I have not heard this
version, but Grove states that the Haas and Nowak versions from 1866 are
practical identical.  Is that so? Symph.  Nr.8: Grove says that version 2
(Haas and Nowak) is greatly improved: is this so? Again, I have not heard
the very first version and have only the partiture of the Nowak version
(Eulenburg).  Looking forward to your comments.  Regards.

Reynier Bordes