From:
Mitch Friedfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 22:29:19 -0500
Peter Wisse wrote:

>I have one more question: In the reviews on The classical net, website,
>I often encounter the misprint &dash, who can tell me what ought to stand
>there, I still can't figure it out.

And Dave responded:

>[Let me address this last question as a few others have had similar
>difficulties.  Those aren't misprints.  You local web browser is not
>properly set up, or you don't have a proper set of web fonts installed,
>so the HTML is not being rendered correctly by your browser.  The HTML
>tag "&ndash;" I believe you are refering to is, pretty obviously, the
>symbol for a dash.  Check with a local guru on your software for help.
>I always suggest upgrading to the latest version of your browser as
>the best first step.  -Dave]

I bothered Dave with this very question regarding many garbles in my
Kindertotenlieder series,

http://www.classical.net/music/comp.lst/works/mahler/kindertotenlieder/.

Dave is absolutely right.  When I switched from Netscape 4.7x to Internet
Explorer 5.5, they all disappeared.  Netscape 6.2 should get similar
results.

Mitch Friedfeld