From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:42:57 -0400
Bob Yoon writes:

>I'm looking at getting Bruckner 7th and 8th and I'm considering Celi's
>recordings...

They're expensive but excellent.  Well-rehearsed, everything just so,
including the sound.  They do,however, have the typical, late-Celi
meditative cast.  At times the rendering seems a bit deliberate, perhaps
even stolid.  But,let's face it, Bruckner wasn't a suave Neapolitan.
Rather, he was something of an Upper-Austrian bumpkin, though that didn't
seem to bar possession of musical genius.  Anyway, I own these and six
other Celi/MPO Bruckner symphonies and all of them are played exemplarily.
(Whether you like Bruckner's part of the work is a different problem.)

Denis Fodor                     Internet:[log in to unmask]