From:
Eddie Janusz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 19:45:21 -0500
Don Satz:

>I also intend to acquire what I can of the discs that Kocsis made for
>Philips.  Beyond that, does anyone have recommendations concerning
>other fine Bartok solo piano discs or sets?

I've started listening to the versions by June de Toth. I'm not sure I'd
call her "excellent" yet, but her interpretations are different from those
of both Sandor and Jando (who in turn are quite different from each other
but each bring a _lot_ to the table). Just a suggestion. I for one hope
you get obsessed and write a lot about this music!

Eddie