From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 2005 09:01:47 -0600
Mimi Ezust:

>There is an article online, free, about William Kapell written by William
>Kimmelman:
>
> http://www.nybooks.com/articles/17853

And in a weird bit of synchronicity, I was about to submit to Amazon.com
a review of his 2CD set that was included in the Philips 'Great Pianists
of the 20th Century' collection.  I quickly read the NYRB article and
incorporated a little of what I found there in my review, which appears
here:

   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00001XDL1/classicalnetA/

In unrelated news, I learned late last night of the sudden death, as
he was preparing to conduct the Oklahoma City Philharmonic, of Sergiu
Comissiona, former music director of Baltimore, Houston and Vancouver
Symphonies.  He was a conductor I admired and will always treasure his
recording of the Pettersson Eighth Symphony, the first of that composer's
works I ever heard.

Scott Morrison