From:
Danielle Woerner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 22:44:17 -0400
I've gotten some tough news tonight, and am sending this email to anyone
who I think might have a lead for me.  I've just lost my terrific
teaching/pied a terre space in NYC and need to quickly find a
substitute.

History: Since last Sept., I've been renting studio space in an apartment
on the upper west side, with a great piano AND (bonus) a harpsichord, and
recently I became the tenant's unofficial roommate, with my own room, so
I could consistently spend a couple of days a week in Manhattan.  It's
been perfect, and this is the right timing for the career: having this
pied-a-terre has enabled me to make extraordinary connections and
re-connections, and has very quickly led to rewarding new projects.  I
also have several NYC students now.

Today: The building is starting to enforce a lot of rules that have
been on the books but ignored for 25 years, including one that says
that unless you're on the lease, you can't teach in the building.  So,
with absolutely no notice, I have to cancel all my teaching, starting
immediately, which means I also must start looking for a new place to
stay since the teaching income is what makes the arrangement viable.

I need: preferably my own room in a cat-free, dog-free, smoke-free
apartment in an accesible part of Manhattan, that has a piano I can use
for voice teaching and vocal practice.  I've set up my other obligations
so that Thursday/Friday are the regular days I come in, though this could
be changed to two other contiguous weekdays; and I need occasionally to
come in at other times when I have work.  Since I'm carrying a house
mortgage and can only spend a couple of days a week in NYC, I need the
financial part to be very reasonable.

If you have any leads to suggest, please call or email me ASAP.  My phone
upstate is 914-247-9464.  I'll be in Manhattan this Thurs.  &  Friday,
and -- for now -- my phone there is 212-316-0584.  Thanks in advance for
any ideas you can offer.

Regards,
Danielle Woerner
http://www.HVmusic.com/artists/danielle