From:
Tim Mahon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 07:07:05 -0700
Jon Johanning <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>...every classical station I've ever run into fills up their mornings with
>this stuff.  No one seems to have clued them into the fact that it's *hack
>work,* friends -- the stuff those guys apparently turned out by the yard to
>please the aristocrats with terrible taste who paid their bills.

I agree.  The most upsetting thing is that they think they're doing us all
afavor by programming calming, soothing and mathematically perfect baroque
music to soothe the savage beast on his/her morning commute.  I have this
on good authority -- from a friend at a California radio station when I
lived there.

I have nothing against baroque, though it's not my favorite period.
However, I'm into classical music for its infinite variety and an
unadulterated diet of Concerti Grossi, Sinfoniae and Oboe Concerti
doesn't help me arrive in the office full of the joys of spring.

Tim
Beginning to understand Road Rage in DC