From:
Steven Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 21:00:03 EDT
Norman Schwartz writes:

>I'd would like to see a listing of what are considered to be poor
>recordings, performances or appointments.

I have no particularly strong feelings about Mehta but two recordings by
him that I do enjoy are a recent Ein Heldenleben with the BPO and Mahler's
2nd with the VPO.  While neither are the greatest they do IMHO hold up
well.  There was a recent purge in my record collection and both of these
survived.  I also have a Rite of Spring and a Mahler 1 both with the NYPO
and while neither are bad, they just don't seem to have anything special
about them.  In this case, I hold on two the disks because they are coupled
with great performances with other conductors.

Steve M. (Northern Virginia)