From:
Richard Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 22:49:15 -0400
Milan Gowin wrote:

>And who could forget one Lara St. John, appearing naked on a cover of her
>Bach disc, with just the violin covering up her breasts.  The controversy
>with that was that she looked about 12 on the cover when in reality she
>was in her twenties (and still is, I think).  The amazing thing is, is
>that there is some brilliant playing on that album.  To be honest, it's
>some of the best Bach I've ever heard, IMHO.

A few months ago I saw Lara St.  John performing the Second Partita in
Ottawa.  It was really sensational in every way, including musically.  An
hour or so later she was back to perform the Bruch First Concerto and it
was mediocre at best.  But I guess that if she can play Bach that well, I
don't care what she does with Bruch.

Richard, who invites you to visit his music, outdoors and other WWW sites
at:  http://infoweb.magi.com/~richard/