From:
Bert Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 15:35:56 -0400
I recently wrote:

>[...] this Naxos discouraged my pursuing him [Uuno Klami] any further.
>
>...perhaps wrongly? I add this since the Englund Naxos release almost did
>the same for me.

Someone from this List took me to task privately for this last little
remark, simply by asking the excellent question: How come/ What's wrong
with it?

So I listened through again.  Now I feel I should retract in the same forum
that got that idiot remark of mine.  I could go into detail, but will just
say:

The Naxos CD of Englund's Symphonies 2 and 4, and his first Piano Concerto
is just fine.  Very good, in fact, with several tracks of delightful,
colourful music that's played very well.

Now I'll listen again to that Klami Naxos.  Then I'll go on to the Sallinen
I felt only 60/40 about.  After that...

BB, in the corner