From:
Iain Simons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 21:43:37 -0500
Steve Schwartz wrote:

>I think we should all draw back and take a cleansing breath.  The
>discussion has begun to turn personal (and I'm as guilty of that as
>anyone).  I myself harbor no ill will to anybody on the other side,
>and I hope they extend me the same forgiveness, putting down whatever
>hurtful zingers I may have flung to argumentative exuberance.  ...

God-bless you Steve!  I hope others can be as forgiving and empathetic
as you.  This is an argument that I can't touch.  It will simply get me
in *the dog house*.  It's kind of like telling my wife how to cook, in a
friendly sort of way.  Perhaps it is exhausted and it is time to listen to
Britten's War Requiem.  And by the way, what are the best recordings--top
10 only please.

Peacefully yours, Iain Simons