From:
Dave Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 12:18:00 EDT
Geoffrey Gaskell wrote:

>All (Dallapiccola) pieces are competently played by a woman who is
>reputed to be distantly related to Giovanni Paisiello, namely Mariaclara
>Monetti.  She has incidentally also recorded all 8 of Paisiello's Piano
>Concertos for ASV, though I know nothing of these, other than the fact
>that they are in a harmless 18th century idiom, and any parents of
>musically accomplished, keyboard playing teenage daughters should be
>able to set them to work on any of these concertos without fear that they
>will be in any way spiritually corrupted or otherwise exposed to
>lascivious harmonies, whether they be hidden or not!

Well, I don't know about 'lasciviousness', but I have heard the ASV set
of the Paisello.  Monetti plays them very well, and the works are not
exactly "harmless" but are a bit more challenging than what you would
assume them to be.  Very pleasent listening and was more than enough to
hold my attention.  A friend of mine who is a pianist heard this disc and
flipped over these concerti.

Uncle Dave Lewis