From:
Donald Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:37:41 -0700
William Hong responds to me:

> Donald Clarke wrote:
>
>> ...And no matter how many Brandenburgs I hear my fave remains
>> the Collegium Aureum set, once on Nonesuch LPs in the USA, then
>> on Deutsche Harmonia Mundi CDs: ...
>
> I also have this classic set, but my LPs are from RCA Victrola, dating
> back to the early 1970s.  ...
>
> In the 80s, the Collegium Aureum's DHM recordings were re-released in
> bits and pieces in the US on Quintessence LPs and cassettes under license.
>
> Perhaps that's the label Donald was thinking of?

I may have been wrong all these years; I still have some of those RCA
Victrolas...  But then whose Brandenburgs were on Nonesuch?  C'mon,
somebody!

Donald

[There was a Brandenburg Concerto set by Karl Ristenpart and the
 Chamber Orchestra of the Saar recorded in 1962, originally available
 in the on Nonesuch LPs and released on CD in 1989 on the French
 label Accord, and apparently immediately deleted.  I can't find
 it available anywhere.  -Dave]