From:
David Cozy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 14:06:09 +0900
Jocelyn Wang:

>My gripe is not with all critics, just those who think and act as
>though their hyperbole constitutes evidence that they are more important
>than they actually are.

Name names please.  Could we have some examples of critics "who think
and act as though their hyperbole constitues evidence that they are more
important than they actually are." And so we don't just have to just take
your word for it would you be so kind as to let us know where we might find
articles--on-line would be great--by said hyperbolizers in which their sins
are obvious enough that even those of us who enjoy the intellectual
stimulation of good criticism might see them.

If there are as many of these self-important critics out there as you
suggest then you should be able to come up with a name or ten without
even breaking a sweat.

(I've issued this and similar challenges both on and off this list in the
past and those I have challenged always walk away at that point.  None
of them has ever been able to come up with even one name, much less one
article in support of their critic-bashing.  Perhaps Jocelyn will be the
first?)

(And I hope I am correct in assuming that we are talking about professional
critics and not loudmouths with web-pages.)

Yours,

David Cozy