From:
Marcus Maroney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 21:59:42 -0400
Was there any mention on the list of his death? Surely one of the greatest
patrons of contemporary music of this century, Sacher deserves to be held
in highest esteem as a benefactor and sometime conductor--the number of
works he commissioned, combined with their collective and consistent high
quality could be the most noteworthy body of work produced this century
from composers as far ranging as Britten and Boulez (style-wise).

I was shocked that I had to find out about his death in the newsgroups!!

Marcus Maroney