From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 21:36:22 PDT
Todd McComb wrote:

>Since Bach's music exemplifies primarily hard work and craftsmanship,
>the suggestion that one could not write similarly is a bit disheartening,
>to say the least.

I'm very glad that Bach's music exemplifies much more to me than it
does to Todd, who's quite a guy.  First, he nearly designates me as the
"dehumanizer", then he insults my favorite composer.  I'm definitely not
inviting him to the 1st Annual MCML Banquet.

I have the feeling that Todd and I are not in sync on the use of the "awe"
word; he likely gives it a much more intense flavor than I meant to convey.

So here's what I'm going to do so that this communication will not go for
naught.  I'll head to the Pocono Mountains to a professional wrestling
school, graduate at the top of my class, become "The Dehumanizer" on the
pro circuit, and insist on the playing of menacing Bach organ pieces at
all my matches.  This music will catch on with Doug Purl's riff-raff
element and we'll then have a whole slew of little riff-raffers humming
Bach.  I imagine that the one big flaw you see in this scenario is my
graduating at the top of my class - I exaggerated a little.

Don Satz