From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 07:23:38 +1000
Ian Foster:

>I have followed the discussion about the Sibelius set featuring
>Barbirolli conducting the Halle Orchestra with interest.  Am
>I right in thinking this is the set on EMI 7243 5 67299 2 6? If
>so, am I also correct in thinking that this set is in mono?

Right number, but it's in stereo.  For the benefit of anyone who's
undecided, it contains the symphonies (excluding Kullervo), Finlandia,
Karelia Suite, Pohjola's Daughter, The Swan of Tuonela, Lemminkainen's
Return, excerpts from Pelleas and Melisande and from Scenes Historiques,
Rakastava, Romance in C.

In an earlier post, I noted its ultra-bargain price in Australia.
I noticed in the April Gramophone - I'm way behind in my reading - it
was advertised at a London outlet for about 2.5 times the Australian
price.  Budget-conscious UK listers might do well to order their copy
from here - the exchange rate is wonderfully in your favour, dammit.  I'm
not associated with any store or distributor, merely paying homage to
my Scottish ancestors!

Richard Pennycuick