From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 21:21:09 -0400
The new Borders store finally opened here in Tallahassee.  I wasn't exactly
there when the doors opened, but I did go by the next day.  I found the
Alkan CD I had wanted (at a good price), and discovered the CD of the
Sibelius 1st with Ormandy, also at a good price.

However....  the very nice and helpful clerks looked blankly at me when
I asked where the Naxos CD's were kept.  they said that they didn't have
any.  Later, when I asked to order a Naxos CD specifically, I was led to
the "bargain area" which were full of Naxoses.  They didn't have the one
I wanted and the Borders computer could not locate it either.

I was told that the the entire line of any particular label was not always
available from the store.  In other words, they could NOT order it for me.
It was suggested that I try Borders on-line.  Does this make any sense to
anyone? To make matters worse, the MUZE system didn't list the CD either.
The one I was interested in is the 2 Piano Concertos of d'Albert.  I think
it is a rather recent release.

Joel Hill
http://www.nettally.com/joelhill/Index.html