From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:36:27 -0600
Ray Bay wrote:

>The University of Arizona in Tucson has 24 hour classical music.  The
>announcers can properly pronounce any name of any composer or performer.
>They have wonderful voices.
>
>Yet they tell us nothing about each piece broadcast.  Worse yet, they
>follow that list of the 100 most popular classical works.  ...

Having lived in Tucson (1978-1983)...even at that time they had a
conservative approach. A friend of mine was recently hired at that
station. She relayed some of the station policies which support the above
stated practices. One rule, as I recall, was that one should not give
catalog numbers like K (Mozart) D (Schubert) et al.

Karl