From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 18:15:43 -0700
Richard Pennycuick ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>John also asked:
>
>>Anyone know of any plans to record Simpson's 11th?
>
>No, but as they've recorded all the others, I can't imagine Hyperion
>leaving it in limbo.  The most recent (1 and 8) came out in 1996, so
>they're not in a hurry.

Some of the earlier recordings were subsidised by the Rex Foundation, were
they not? With the demise of the Grateful Dead, I'm not sure if the RF is
still in business...

Deryk Barker

 [I thought we discussed this a while back.  The Rex Foundation is
 certainly alive and well.  A friend of mine who has been an involved
 Dead Head for almost three decades has told me that it is still passing
 out grants.  The official web page is:

   http://www.dead.net/cavenweb/rex/

 Apparently the page is only updated once a year, so we will have to
 wait until december to see the activities for 1999.  -Dave]