From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:27:00 PDT
I've had the same stereo receiver for over 20 years, but a persistent
"buzz" finally got the best of me.  So, I treked down to a fine audio store
and bought a new and improved model.

You might think that everything is a snap once you've made your purchasing
decision.  Not in my home.  My wife feels that audio equipment in a living
room needs to adjust to and blend in with the theme of the living room.
My view is that everything in the room should adjust to the audio theme.
Of course, my view does not win.  So, it was a real pain to locate my
equipment in the hidden and cramped quarters that my wife assigned to it.
I almost got two fingers crushed when they got caught between the receiver,
a shelf, and the cd player.  My wife's only response was, "your fingers
look as good as ever".  Another bone of contention concerns AM and FM
radio.  I don't care about the reception, because I hardly ever listen.
But my wife wants good reception, so we argued some about that.

Finally, everything was hooked up and I put on one of the Naxos discs of
Bach solo violin works performed by Lucy van Dael on baroque violin.  Boy,
the music sounded so good - seemed at least twice as good as previously.
Even my wife commented favorably on the sound, although a favorable word
for Bach's music never leaves her lips.

After a few minutes, I put on Bob Marley's Greatest Hits; my wife loves
that cd.  That's additional proof how well I treat people even when they're
giving me a hard time (which she wasn't trying to do - just protecting her
turf).

Don Satz