From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:42:40 PST
Nobody ever buys me any music during the Holidays or any other time
for that matter (they all think I have everything already).  So, I *was*
planning to acquire the series of Mozart symphonies from Mackerras and
Telarc.  But, with the knowledge that my wife will be devoting her time to
academic pursuits, that purchase would be irresponsible.  Reading recent
postings about the Lutoslawski series on Naxos, I now think that I'll treat
myself to those discs.  The problem is that "scaling down" is not in my
nature - onward and upward is part of my ideology.  Also, the buying of
music represents my basic initiative to writing posts.  So, you might
see less from me in the future; hey, I hear that clapping, cut it out.

Don Satz