From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 08:20:39 +1000
I heard on the radio this morning a delightfully extrovert Symphony in F by
Crotch, written in 1814 and played by the Milton Keynes Chamber Orchestra.
He was, apparently and perhaps inevitably, something of a ladies' man.  I'm
tempted to order the Unicorn CD which also contains another symphony, an
overture and an organ concerto.

Can anyone confirm that the other works are as interesting as the Symphony
in F? Would one of our UK friends please settle the pronunciation of Keynes
in this case - keens or canes?

Richard Pennycuick