From:
Wes Crone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 19:21:49 -0700
I (Wes Crone) responded to Dave Stewart's question about instrument pitch:

>Early music was performed at a lower pitch than today's music.  The only
>real exception lies in the music of the English Baroque which was tuned to
>AF6 which is higher, of course, than our tuning today.

I don't know if I am supposed to quote myself like that or not but oh well.
Anyway, I made a pretty sad looking typo there in the last line.  I typed
that English Baroque music was tuned to AF6; I have no idea what the HECK
that means..haha!  I meant to put that English Baroque music was tuned to
AF6 which is higher than our modern pitch. Sorry 'bout that!

--Wes (feeling like a complete buffoon)