From:
Peter Herwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2008 17:04:37 -0700
I am currently on the fence about Gardiner's Bach Cantata series.  Some
of it is wonderful as in the disc with BWV 36,61, and 62 while others
such as the disc with BWV 140 and 147 are pretty bad and it takes a
lot(or a little) to make these Cantatas dull but Gardiner manages it.
On the whole I like them but feel they are not comparable to Herreweghe
for HIP and Werner or Richter for non HIP.  I am interested in what
others have to say about this series.  Any comments will be appreciated.

Peter Herwitz