From:
Richard Tsuyuki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 09:42:14 -0400
Karl Miller:

>Actually there has been a great deal written about this.  I am currently
>reading two books on the subject.

Would you mind giving author & title info?  This is an interesting
subject.

>...perhaps some of the factors you mention may be appropriate to the
>discussion, however, for me, art music is not the same as popular music....

I agree; in fact, that was my point.  The original poster, Larry Zaidan,
was trying to "learn something [about how to better program classical
music] from how 'popular music' concerts are done.".  I was submitting
my opinion that the two are so different that a comparison would not be
useful.

Richard