From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 23:37:09 -0500
Andreas von Doebeln asked:

>To bring back this subject to Classical Music; Has there been any
>recordings of ancient Greek music in modern time (I presume all ancient
>recordings are long lost)?

There is a wonderful recording of some ancient Greek reconstructions on
Harmonia Mundi performed by Atrium Musicae de Madrid under the guidance of
Gregorio Paniagua.  You can get it individually (HMU 1901015) or as part
of a three disc set that includes (I think) ancient Roman and ancient
Byzantine music.  Wonderful stuff.

Kevin Sutton