From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 16:27:29 -0400
Our local commercial classical music radio station (WGMS) to which I've
been listening while our public radio station, which has been cutting back
on its classical music broadcasts, spent ten consecutive days soliciting
money, presented the Gardiner recording of Magic Flute this afternoon.

The announcer sounded quite enthusiastic about the work.  I suspect he made
it a special point to have read the liner notes before announcing the opera
today.  I just wish either that he had read the notes more carefully or
that the liner notes had been better edited because, over and over again,
he referred to the librettist of that opera as Schicksander.

And I found the Queen of the Night disappointing in her second aria.  No
Erna Berger, she.

Walter Meyer