From:
Simon Crouch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 19:17:14 -0000
Donald Satz wrote:

>It might just be me, but I find that the first half of the Mass has more
>immediately appealing music than the second half.  It could be that the
>conductor needs to dig deeper into the Credo to bring out the beauty and
>impact of the music.  Gardiner and Herreweghe are not succeeding well in
>that respect.

I don't think it's just you!  I also find that conductors seem to have
a hard time changing gear for the second CD.  If you wish to add a new
recording to your collection, may I recommend Rilling's new performance
on Haenssler - It's got just about as good a second disc's worth as I've
heard.

Simon.