From:
Philip Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 00:54:29 +0200
Andreas von Doebeln wrote:

>To bring back this subject to Classical Music; Has there been any
>recordings of ancient Greek music in modern time (I presume all ancient
>recordings are long lost)?

Very little is known, a mere few notes, I believe which nevertheless have
caused many to concoct *reconstructions* for whatever they're worth.  There
is at least one CD reissued (off the top of my head I think it was in the
series *Musique d'abord*) from an album made in 1997 by an ensemble called
*Atrium Musicae de Madrid* under the title "Musique de la Grece antique".
Worth a spin, I'd say.

Philip