From:
William Strother <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 18:34:58 -0700
Stewart Fabb wrote:

>I am thinking of either the Quartetto Italiano, Alan Berg Quartet or Vegh
>quartet sets since they all receive very favourable reviews.  If any list
>members have comments on these collections (or any others for that matter)
>I would greatly appreciate your views.  Thanks in advance.

On the whole, I like the Vegh recordings as well as any I've heard.
However, my recordings are the Talich, because the Vegh were not on CD at
the time I bought them.  And the Talich is ALMOST the equal.  I gave my
Berg sets to my son, who was previously the recipient of my Budapest LPs.

I have a sentimental liking for the Budapest, but the Berg did nothing for
me.

Bill S