From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 11:23:31 -0800
Richard Pennycuick ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>As a former teacher, although not of music, I've found this thread very
>interesting.  However, although PTA may be in common usage in the US, I
>can only guess at its meaning - a parents' organisation, perhaps.  Could
>I again make a general plea for local abbreviations and acronyms to be
>given their full value so that all listers can follow things without having
>to resort to guesswork?

Richard, you mean even after hearingh all about the Harper Valley PTA
(Jeannie C Riley?) you still don't know? I congratulate you on your
resistance to Hollywood "culture"!  even I knew, years before I moved
to Canada, that it stands for "Parent Teacher Association".

deryk barker
([log in to unmask], http://www.camosun.bc.ca/~dbarker)