From:
Mimi Ezust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:36:05 -0400
John Deacon and others were absolutely right about Augustin Anievas.
I just received my cd from Berkshire ...  a budget EMI "Encore" cd,
containing almost 76 minutes of terrific Rachmaninoff:  Concerto # 2,
Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini and six preludes.  It is played flawlessly
both by pianist and orchestra.  I am a Rachy maven, and have heard many
performances of these works...  this cd stands with a very few at the top
of my list.

I also did a search on Anievas both at Amazon and Berkshire and found
several other cds of his.

Thanks to the folks who brought this fine pianist to my attention!

Hey, what was the "New Philharmonia Orchestra?" anyhow? They sound too good
to be an ordinary pick-up group.

Mimi Ezust <[log in to unmask]>