From:
Michael Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 16:47:01 -0700
Don wrote:

>O'Hora, and Ortiz have much smaller reputations, and I've never heard
>of Chuprik before finding this Amadis disc which is connected with HNH
>International.

Ortiz made my favorite recording of the Shostakovich concerto number 2,
with a quite haunting 2nd movement.

Chuprik has a Rachmaninoff CD on Amadis(?) that I like.  It has the
variations on the Chopin C-minor prelude, and some shorter works like the
B-minor prelude and the Moment Musical in B-minor.  In my opinion she does
the prelude exceptionally well.  I also have a Beethoven CD of Chuprik's on
Naxos(?), with the Pastorale, and (I think) the Waldstein, which is decent
but not at the level of her Rachmaninoff in my opinion.

Michael Cooper