From:
Jan Templiner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 20:24:06 +0200
Hi-Do Shin wondered:

>Actually, this brings a question to my mind.  If I remember correctly,
>NAXOS declared early on that it will not record and sell multiple versions
>of the same work.  However, I have noticed an increasing number of such
>duplications.  Examples would be the Beethoven symphony cycle (Edlinger
>and Drahos), and now this Tchaikovsky symphony (Leaper and Alsop), although
>I don't know if this is the beginning of a new complete cycle.  Mind you,
>I am not complaining.  Not at all.  Merely wondering if Naxos has changed
>its policy or not.  Does anyone know?

Another example would surely be Sibelius.  I heard the same of BIS, but
they apparently changed that policy too.  After the second Sibelius cycle
(Jarvi/Vanska) now they're embarking on a second Nielsen cycle.  What has
happened to these labels? Isn't it enough to have five Brahms cycles from
DG? But then, I'm very happy about the Vanska Sibelius..

Jan