From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 14:43:46 EST
Dave, on the burning controversy of the plural of Naxos:

>Naxen, I tell you, Naxen.  If anyone's going to pull rank here...:-)

On this list that makes it Naxen. Offlist,  I will continue to believe that
Naxos is a word appropriated, in the present context, by English, as a name
for a recording company.   As such,  it's likely already a plural, as it
ends in ssss. The plural of Naxos is therefore Naxos and the singular of
Naxos is also Naxos. Like cannon.

Denis Fodor

 [Genius is always misunderstood by those bound by convention.  -Dave]