From:
David Runnion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 00:24:02 +0100
Donald Satz wrote:

> My method of listening to my record collection is based on the theory of
> *random placement*.  I have an entertainment center which was custom made
> to house approximately 2,500 cd's (including multiple sets).

Now can I take this opportunity to ask a question, start a survey perhaps?
It's a little off the sub of the thread, but I am curious.

Are you a musician, Bob? By profession? I ask this because I think it is
interesting that in my experience professional musicians don't listen to
music that much.  My personal collection consists of about 100 CDs, less
than half of which are CM, and of those I actually listen on a regular
basis to only a handful.  The rest of my collection is mostly rock and
roll, Frank Sinatra, Spanish and Argentinian music, and a bit of jazz.

I wonder if non-musicians are really aware of how little professionals
actually listen to recordings.  I find it a little coals-to-Newcastle,
myself.  I spend my days playing CM, and when I come home, the last thing
I want to do is to listen to more of it.  More likely a good dose of
Aerosmith to get my head straight!

DAve
www.serafinotrio.com