From:
Igor Grobman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 10:22:51 -0400
I have a somewhat unusual request here, but I hope you won't consider it
inappropriate.

I am a 20-year old computer science major at Ohio State university, who has
fallen in love with classical music over the past couple of years.  Some of
you might remember me from my rare concert review attempts.  For the most
part, I lurk, due to lack of time to participate, and also because I have
far less knowledge in the musical field than most people here.

To feed my addiction (as I call it), I started on a CD collection, but
what provides me the most enjoyment are my concert-going experiences.  I
go to at least one concert a week, but usually more, and I get the greatest
satisfaction out of just about every one of them.  Lately, I've been trying
to drag some of my friends with me, but given that most of them are CS
majors as well, it never goes beyond being a one-time event.  However, what
I've realized is that I enjoy the concert that much more when I am not
there alone.  I guess I am human, and thus a social animal.  It is great
to be able to chat with someone before and after the concert, and during
the intermission.  Of course, this is even more of an issue on my frequent
trips to Cincinnati and Cleveland, which are both a 2-hour drive, which I
would rather not do alone, not that it ever stops me.

I was wondering if there is another lonely (in musical terms) soul out
there in Columbus/Cincinnati/Cleveland area who would not mind joining me
once in a while? Of course if you already have company, but would not mind
me joining you nevertheless, that's ok too ;).

Igor