From:
Andrew Carlan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 02:25:28 -0400
Alan Lynn sheepishly tiptoes through a field of broken glass to discuss
this politically incorrect theme:

>I assume this is in reference to the recent trend for young female
>violinists to be photographed topless and/or completely naked with only
>their instruments covering their *G strings*, a la Austin Powers.  While
>as a redblooded American male I certainly don't object to beautiful women,
>there seems to be something inherently wrong about this sort of display
>on the cover of an album of Bach partitas...

Perhaps this signals a return to house music.  Or we use what talent we
have.  If the law on your side, emphasize the law, the facts, highlight the
facts.  If you have neither the law or facts on your side, the exposure of
a little leg and then some wouldn't hurt if the judge and the majority of
jurors are genderly male.

In either case, these young ladies will always find an open door policy
at my abode.  I will be only too happy to lend me my ear and then some.

I still remember the cover of Ives Second Symphony conducted by Bernstein
shows the composer in a raincoat looking for all the world as the
stereotypical dirty old man.  Music has a long tradition of dirty old men.
At least, they haven't wholly withered.

One who rather die with his boots on than with dignity

"Andrew Carlan" <[log in to unmask]>