From:
Achim Breiling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:18:11 +0200
Jane Erb <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Thank you Mr. Breiling!  There are a few of us in the US (and damned
>few more in the UK) who know and love this composer, particularly the
>pieces you mentioned on this CD.

It was a pleasure!  Now there is also one in Italy!  Indeed it is written
in the booklet that Enter Spring is Bridges only 'untroubled masterpiece'
of his mature period (maybe the liner notes are by Paul Hindmarsh - I do
not remember).  There are some charming moments, but I would agree that
there is much more dug in this work!  Somewhere I read that the little
Lament - which is also on this CD - was Bridges first *darker* work
dedicated to a little girl killed in the Lusitania desaster.

Don Satz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Although not sold as a set, Meridian has issued two cd's of the Bridge
>string quartets performed by the Bridge String Quartet.  We would have
>a trilogy here if the Bridge label had issued the cds.

I checked online catalogues and some shops here in Milano and I could not
find much!  I gues these Meridian CDs are not (any more?) available here
in Europe.  I think some of the quartets (esp.  the third) one can find
coupled with works by other composers, but there is no complete recording
currently available (in Europe?).

Anyway, lets hope for more Bridge on CD!

Achim Breiling