From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 17:42:45 EDT
Daryl Loomis writes::

>John Williams hasn't written a new score for twenty years.  But he has it
>down...just swell the music during the emotional parts (with no subtlety
>at all) and you'll win awards.  Good for John, bad for my ears.

Composers like Williams and Morricone are paid to write what's shown on the
screen.  For my taste, they mostly endow what is shown with undue credit.
They're both very, very good at their craft.  But I do agree that listening
to either one of them on ear phones, and with nothing showing, is about as
uplifting an experience as the sound of a fish struggling out of water.

Denis Fodor