From:
Janos Gereben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 23:09:23 -0700
See two conflicting reviews of the mezzo's Berkeley recital yesterday,
on www.sfcv.org: fellow mezzo Stephanie Friedman's "A Singer's Comeback,"
and Michelle Dulak's essay, "Making an Audience Listen." What I hope for
is that these two reviews (and my "Kiss Lorraine" last night) will help
anybody who loves vocal greatness avoid the terrible potential mistake of
missing her next appearance in opera or recital.  It took a long time, but
Hunt Lieberson has become a seminal figure on the vocal scene - "attention
must be paid."

Janos Gereben/SF, CA