From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 16:20:29 -0500
Donald Satz writes:

>Preference for baroque chamber, orchestral, and vocal music on period
>instruments - Bach is favorite composer - Handel one of best composers -
>Mozart and Haydn two of best composers - strong liking for early and late
>romantic music - chamber music is favorite medium -strong dislike for
>emotionally over-the-top romantic music, crossover music, and works
>displaying a high level of eclecticism.
>
>I'm anxious to discover the identity of my musical soul-mates.  When will
>the results be distributed?

Count me in, except for chamber music being the favorite medium.  Chamber
orchestral, OK; but forces smaller than that, no.  Also, it depends what
one classes as "emotionally over-the-top".  If any of the Tchaikovsky
symphonies, or Schumann's, be over the top, then so am I.  If Tannhaeuser
is over the top, then I'm under it.  I'm for the sort of classical music
against which the modernists sought to establish themselves.  By and large,
I don't care for the modernists.  And I do prefer live performances to
electronic make-believe, no matter what the quality of the equipment may be
(though the quality of the live music does, of course, matter:  a very fine
recording, I concede, may be preferable to a very miserable live
performance.)

Denis Fodor                     Internet:[log in to unmask]