From:
Ray Bayles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 05:31:53 -0700
My favorite 20th Century composer, Aaron Jay Kernis, is one of the youngest
composers to win the Pulitizer Prize.  This Saturday his latest composition
will be performed by the Philadelphia Orchestra as part of the grand
opening of the Kimmel Center, Philadelphia's new concert hall.

The piece was commissioned specifically for the event.  The Walt Disney
Company has commissioned the work by Kernis.

His many awards include a Guggenheim Fellowship, an NEA Grant, a New York
Foundation for the Arts award, and two Grammy Nominations.

Kernis who was born in Philadelphia is now 41 years old.

I believe he remains on the faculty of a Chicago area university.

Ray Bayles <[log in to unmask]>